We only have a few weeks left in our hometown before we move to our new home in Texas, and we’re trying to soak up as much of the beautiful Ozarks autumn as we can until we leave the land of the hills for the tumbleweeds. I’m opening my eyes extra wide on drives and runs to soak up the gorgeous colors — russet, tangerine, glossy gold — and I’m hoping it all sticks around just a tiny bit longer than usual. I’m eating as much pumpkin as possible and trying to get a lot of mileage out of my boots and sweaters before we change our climate and pack our warm things up for a few more weeks.
So I’ve made a little “bucket list” to help remind me that time is short. Here are a few of my favorite fall things that I’m most looking forward to this month, some new things and some old traditions. But all steeped in pumpkin spice and shades of of orange!
1. visit a pumpkin patch and/or go through a corn maze
2. moisturize like there’s no tomorrow
3. drink an octoberfest ale
4. paint some foraged branches gold for easy, DIY fall decor
5. make some yummy stew in my orange Le Creuset Dutch oven
6. go on a hike through the changing leaves
7. soak up the farmers market and all the new varieties of squash
8. save up for a nice leather jacket
9. perfect the healthy pumpkin pie custard recipe that’s been floating around in my head
10. quit sugar (yep, just in time for halloween!)
* * * * *
What are you hoping to experience this fall? Let me know, I’m always curious!