Just another Insta-peek at what interesting things I’ve been sipping on through this summer heat wave. I think the main reason why I do this is twofold; I just adore displaying photos in a grid, and using such a simple idea as recording drinks is in fact a perfect way to remind me of what’s been happening the past couple of weeks. Here’s a recap of what I’ve been doing and what I’ve been drinking along the way:
1. Iced coffee with goats milk. I started making my own at home with coffee ice cubes and it was pretty much the perfect start to my day.
2. The Gentleman, made with gin, champagne and St. Germaine’s. This cocktail helped to mark our one-month wedding anniversary at Theo’s.
3. Homemade gin and tonics — my favorite summer cocktail — this time made with DIY Rapadura simple syrup (hence the golden hue).
4. More iced coffee, sans milk.
5. Blueberry smoothie with pomegranate juice, frozen banana, and who knows what else. I made this until we ran out of blueberries.
6. I made several variations of the green smoothie this month, and I think this one is my kale-coconut smoothie. Kale + coconut milk + banana
7. Mish-mash vegetable-fruit juice: carrots, greens, apples, lemons, celery, cucumber…
8. An Immortal Frog smoothie from Arsaga’s: spinach, orange juice, banana, and a dab of almond butter.
9. Strawberry-Rhubarb Lemonade from Arsaga’s, with house-made Strawberry-Rhubarb infused simple syrup.
10. Dr. Oz’s Green Juice. The perfect green juice recipe in my quest for frosty green drinks.
11. Farmers Market Blend coffee on a shift.
12. Second cup of the day on the same shift, with goats milk.
13. Woodchuck Cider — finally, a vacation! We brought these home for the Fourth because they were red, white and blue. And delicious.
14. Abita Purple Haze. On our way back from our mini vacation, we stopped for lunch and I splurged on a wee brew.
15. Classic Green Monster: spinach, milk, banana, almond butter. Always a favorite.
16. Avocado-Banana Smoothie. This was not my favorite, but I drank it anyway and regretted it later.
17. Peach-Nectarine Heffeweizen at Tanglewood Brew Pub. A half-pint of house-made beer with a friend was a summer night spent well.
18. Red wine and herbal tea on the back porch of Arsaga’s one evening, when all we wanted to do was read and people-watch to the tune of cicadas.