1. caprese salad with farmers market tomatoes and lettuce, and with basil from my porch – twice this week for lunch.
2. reading this.
3. drinking this and tweaking the recipe to include more veggies, inspired by this video.
4. my limited yoga practice kicked my butt this week. I took a nap in corpse pose.
5. thankful for this little bright spot in my corner at work.
* * * * *
*Excited for this to come in the mail. I’m ready to start making sourdough, and after a failed attempt to make my own starter I’m turning to the professionals. After watching this short film by the people at Kinfolk, I am doubly inspired.
*Researching this organization for a new freelance project. What an amazing story.
*We saw this at the drive-in and it was a great new twist on the typical fairy tale. They perfectly captured Scotland’s humor and history!
*Eager to try one of the several recipes I’ve bookmarked from Nigel Slater’s Tender. I’m hoping for my very own copy as a late birthday present.
* Made these again for a friend’s going-away dinner. He leaves for London on Saturday and these cookies, still warm, hopefully made him feel loved. I certainly know I felt warm and loved after eating fifteen or six or so cookies. And then I ate three or four more last night to drown my sorrows after finishing the last episode in season 2 of Downton Abbey.