I’ve been such a terrible blogger of late, but believe you me I have plenty going on to warrant fantastic posts. *bragging*
But really, I’m going to try to do better. Today’s just a glimpse into a few of my favorite things:
1. These cookies. I’ve made them twice in two weeks, each time without an electric mixer. Yep, my biceps would be looking pretty fine right now if I wasn’t eating all of this chocolate.
2. Making lists. This really keeps me from imploding on a daily basis. I have my grocery list notepad, my “Things to do” list, my planner, my weekly menu planning notepad…it’s a beautiful thing, a list is.
3. Buying a dozen fresh eggs from the farmer’s market has become my Saturday morning ritual. Not only do I miss eating eggs from our hens at home, but I know these are infinitely more nutritious and delicious!
4. French! I’m taking my first French class since the 7th grade, (an intro class) and I’m loving it. I’m also procrastinating studying for my first exam by creating this post.
5. Although my sweetheart and I are by no means the Laurens, but I did find an equally spectacular chambray shirt at Goodwill this week that I’ve already worn several times. It’s so soft and just blousey enough so that I feel like I’m walking along the beach despite the fact that I am indeed walking to class.
* * * * *
As you can also probably tell, Pinterest is still a favorite of mine, even though I finally got my camera back from her brief stint at rehab. More favorites:
— cleaning out my closet and making room for classic updates (more to come in a later post!)
— all-natural home and body care (I made my own laundry detergent!)
— “literary journalism” and the various works that go along with it (In Cold Blood, Hiroshima…)
* * * * *
What have you all been in to lately? Let me know, I’m always curious!